Friday, November 13, 2009

Nightmarish November

I haven't written in awhile because I've been writing so much! That sentence will make sense in a moment.

November is National Novel Writing Month. The goal for people who participate in NaNoWriMo is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. It doesn't have to be well written and it doesn't even need to make perfect sense, as long as you can semi-coherantly string thoughts together. I have participated in NaNoWriMo for the last three years, and I was determined not to let a new baby stop me this year.

This means that any spare moment, I have been noveling. This leaves very little time for blogging.

November is also Thanksgiving, and we are having two this year: one with my family here in Oklahoma, and one with Chris' family in South Carolina. Planning a trip with an infant is ranking pretty high on my list of things I don't want to do, so that has been occupying my brain space not eaten up in noveling.

Needless to say, November is turning out to be fairly nightmarish, so I'm giving myself a break from worrying about blogging until December, when I can get into how little I like the commercial, needy, grabby season.